Wednesday, September 24, 2008

About Text books...

Books

Which is better for text books, physical or electronic? Which for personal reading?
For textbooks in class I would certainly perfer textbooks most of the time. I like being able to read and highlight. I also like flipping back and forth quickly between sections of books. However, in certain courses, perhaps something like graphic design, an electronic book would be more helpful. I guess it really depends on the course, but 9 out of 10 times I'd rather have a physical book.
As far as personal books go, I will always be a fan of the physical product. I read everywhere, at the table, in the bathroom, during class, riding in the car, etc. I can because it needs no power source, you don't have to worry too much about damaging it, and it's easier to transport. I realize that there are devices like PDAs and IPHONES that are easy to take everywhere, but I just enjoy turning pages and feeling progress in reading.

No comments: